"If you play more than two chords, you're showing off." Woody Guthrie

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The downside of a field study


The big downside to doing a field study and being away from home is being far away from the people you love. It might seem like fun going out to concerts and living it up in the Queen City (really that's what Charlotte is called, and this is NASCAR country), but it's hard work doing research and doing the long distance thing at the same time. I'd be remiss, then if I didn't tell about you about my long-time dance partner and love interest (and now wife) Daliz. Here we are in Paris dancing at the National Archives Museum (yes, for all you anthropologists out there, the archives! this is about as close as I get to studying the archives). As James Brown said, " I got ants in my pants and I NEED TO DANCE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment