"If you play more than two chords, you're showing off." Woody Guthrie

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Furia Tropical and Bachata Flow

On Saturday I went to see two more bands I was unfamiliar with: Furia Tropical and Bachata Flow. They both played at a club, The Blvd, which was also new to me.

Furia Tropical plays mostly salsa and cumbia. They might be good, but who knows? I couldn't tell because the sound man had turned up the keyboards so high it overwhelmed the vocals and even the timbale. Note to The Blvd owners- hire a new sound person! Nevertheless, a few people decided to dance.





Bachata Flow plays bachata and merengue, and they are the back-up band for Leydy Bonilla. Plus they bring Washington Heights fashions straight to Charlotte, I felt like I was on 181st Street. And they are not bad as musicians either. Unfortunately, they didn't go on until 1:30 in the morning and by 2:15 I was ready for bed, even though they were still going strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment