"If you play more than two chords, you're showing off." Woody Guthrie

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ahora te puedes marchar



Earlier, I said I would post about a song I heard at the Fanta Festival. Here goes:

While I was standing backstage during the festival, listening to the bands, I heard a melody that was very familiar. A local band, Los Mentorosos, was playing and as the song progressed I started to sing along in English.

The melody I recognized was from Dusty Springfield's "I only want to be with you."



Which, as it turns out, was covered by the king of Latin cheesy-ness, Luis Miguel as "Ahora te puedes marchar."



And reinterpreted by Hootie and the Blowfish with melodic and lyrical influences from Bob Dylan's "Tangled up in Blue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6WQqRDrCo
(embedding disabled)

So Los Mentirosos are keeping this song alive, covering it while putting their own creative stamp on it. Check out their myspace page for the song, the video isn't out yet.

http://www.myspace.com/losmentirososoficial

No comments:

Post a Comment